Should you be watermarking your images or remove them altogether? While there can be tons of reasons why you want to use watermarks, there are numerous circumstances that call for removing watermarks from images. Maybe you don’t want to destroy the beauty of your perfect shot, or you’ve purchased an image from a third-party website and lost the original picture. Or perhaps, you want to use an image for an upcoming presentation and want everything to have perfect clarity.
There are numerous ways to get rid of watermarks from your images, such as using Photoshop or cropping them out of your photos. While Photoshop can be complicated for some, cutting out the watermark can be nearly impossible — especially when it is placed at the center. This is where a quick and simple watermark remover for a photo comes into the picture.
This blog post will talk about what a watermark means, why you should remove them from your photos, and how you can do this using the Watermarkremover.io tool.
What is a watermark & different kinds of watermark?
A watermark is a logo, signature, or stamp superimposed over an image to prevent others from stealing or using your photo without permission. In other words, watermarking comes with copyright protection that discourages the illegal use of pictures without the artist’s permission. Further, watermarks also serve as a way to get your name out and boost brand awareness. This means when your work is shared, say on social media channels, for example, your name or brand is always attached to it.
Watermarks can be divided into two categories:
- Visible watermarks: These are translucent texts, logos, or signatures, overlaid on the original image. Since they are right there on the picture, it states that you can’t use the image without the owner’s authorization.
- Invisible watermarks: These are embedded in the images and can’t be seen or perceived by the human eye. Only electronic devices or specialized software can detect them. Plus, you can discover if and where your original pictures have been used without your permission.
Why do we need to remove watermark from photos?
No matter how beneficial a watermark is for your photos, it’s advisable to remove them due to the following reasons:
- Watermarks can ruin your photo
You have spent tons of time, money, and effort on capturing the perfect photo to record your precious moments & memories, only to find that somebody has watermarked the photo on social media.
It can be a really frustrating experience for the individual as the watermarks ruin the composition of the photo, draw viewers' attention away from the picture itself and prevent them from enjoying its beauty. Even a subtle watermark can reduce the positive impact a photo can create. It can drastically change it from a personal image so close to your heart to a professional photo with distractions in the form of watermarks that is difficult to remove instantly.
- Watermarks can be distracting
If you want your images to attract a larger audience, you should show them completely. However, watermarks get in the way, ruin the image, and prevent the viewers from seeing some crucial details, like important numbers, words, contact information, or even product features. Besides, they can take away the feel of a good photograph and distract viewers from the composition — and this is something you don’t want when you’ve worked hard on capturing or creating the photo.
- Watermarks prevent you from getting published
You’ve spent hours taking or creating your photos. But, what’s the point if you’re going to keep them for yourself and not let them distribute on various channels? Or worse, if you’re going to obscure it with a huge, distracting watermark?
Since watermarks offer a layer of security, they can hinder the chances of getting your work shared and featured in various publications, blogs, and social media channels. For example, if you’re a wedding photographer, watermarked images can prevent wedding blogs and magazines from dealing with your work and ultimately skip over it.
- Not everyone likes your branding
Watermarks are used to add branding to your imagery. Although it is essential, the reality is that not everyone who likes your photos will necessarily like your branding too. Hence, it makes sense to remove your watermark or logo from the pictures you produce. Further, putting a watermark directly onto your photographs risks potential clients from reaching out to you. Worse, it can distract them from the crucial photo elements if not used properly.
- Watermarks don’t look very professional
Many photographers and artists believe that watermarks make their photos look more professional. Plus, novice photographers use them as they are scared of their work getting stolen or reused. But unfortunately, watermarks can do more harm than good. In fact, a poorly designed and huge watermark is a sign that you’re just starting.
So instead, focus on producing consistent, high-quality work as it can not only make you look professional but also make it difficult for others to plagiarize it.
How to remove a watermark from a photo using the Watermarkremover.io tool?
Watermarkremover.io is the best watermark erasing tool that uses Artificial Intelligence (AI) to remove translucent watermarks from your images quickly and completely. The AI technology predicts the location of the watermark, then separates the color of the watermark from the photo’s background, and finally reconstructs the background in the area where the watermark was present.
The app is trending #1 on ProductHunt. Some of its impressive features are:
- It allows you to get rid of watermarks for free smoothly and within seconds.
- You can upload an image in JPEG, JPG, PNG, and WEBP format.
- This AI-driven tool removes the watermark while maintaining the image’s quality without losing crucial details.
- It is quick and user-friendly. You don’t need any advanced photo editing knowledge to use it.
- It can also remove multi-colored watermarks with ease.
- Not only one, but you can remove multiple watermarks present in a single image.
- The app is easy to download on smartphones (Android/iOS).
Here’s how you can remove watermarks from an image using watermarkremover.io tool:
- Open the Watermarkremover.io app or website and upload the watermarked image by clicking the Upload Image option. You can also paste the URL of a watermarked photo.
- Wait for few seconds until the image is processed
- The processed image will not have the original watermark.
- Finally, you can click the Download Image option to save the photo on your smartphone/laptop.
While it can be tempting to use a watermark on your images to protect yourself from photo theft, you should remove it for clear, high-quality, and more professional-looking photos. You don’t need to use Photoshop or have advanced knowledge of image editing.
With our free, AI-powered tool — Watermarkremover.io — you can easily get rid of hidden logos, text, or signatures from your photos with just a few clicks. Just upload the watermarked image and experience the magic within seconds. This not only saves you time, but you also get distraction-free images for personal or professional needs.